■整理电影《西区故事》(West Side Story,1961)中的一段歌
![]() |
Dear kindly Sergeant Krupke. Ya gotta understand.
亲爱的克拉基警官,你得了解:
It’s just our bringin’-upke that gets us out of hand.
我们只是还在成长,我们自己也无法处理。
Our mothers all are junkies. Our fathers all are drunks.
母亲吸毒,父亲又爱喝酒,
Golly, Moses, Naturally we’re punks.
因此我们不得不出来当太保。
Gee,Officer Krupke,We’re very upset.
克拉基警官,我们也很忧愁。
We never had the love that every child ought to get.
我们从来没有得到小孩子应得的爱。
We ain’t no delinquents. We’re misunderstood.
我们没有过错,我们只是被误解。
Deep down inside us, there is good.----There is good.
其实我们内心倒是很善良的。
There is good,there is good. There is untapped good.
Like inside the worst of us is good.
—That’s a touching,good story.真是感人至深的好故事。
—Let me tell it to the world!让我来向全世界宣布!
—Just tell it to the judge.留给法官听吧!
—Judge?Who’s gonna be the judge.谁来当这个法官呢?
Dear kindly judge,Your Honor. My parents treat me rough.
亲爱的法官大人,我父母待我很坏。
With all their marijuana,They won’t give me a puff.
我们爱吸食大麻,他们却一口也不要我抽。
They didn’t wanna have me,but somehow I was had.
他们虽然不要我,不过我毕竟还是出生了。
Leaptin’ lizards.That’s why I’m so bad.
放任我,鞭打我,才使得我这么坏。
Right!Officer Kruke,you’re really a square.
克拉基法官您真的很公正。
This boy don’t need a judge.He needs an analyst’s care.
这个人不需要司法裁判,倒是需要心理分析。
It’s just his neurosis that ought to be curbed.
他是患上了神经衰弱症,可能马上要支持不住了。
He’s psychologically disturbed.-----I’m disturbed!
他是心里有障碍的低能儿。-----我就是低能儿。
We’re disturbed,we’re disturbed.We’re the most disturbed.
Like. We’re psychologically disturbed.
—Hear ye!Hear ye!In the opinion of this court…安静!根据本庭意见…
This child is depraved on account.He ain’t had a normal home. 这孩子被判受监护于一户正常家庭
—Hey, I’m depraved on account of I’m deprived!不行!我是那种聪明人。
—So take him to a head shrinker.You!好了!快带他到监护人家去!
—Who?Me?
—You be the head shrinker.你好了!
My daddy beats my mommy. My mommy clobbers me.
我爸爸打我妈妈,我妈妈反过来再打我。
My grandpa is a commie. My grandma pushes tea.
我爷爷是个共产党,我奶奶没牙齿。
My sister wears a mustache. My brother wears a dress.
我姐姐像个男孩子,我哥哥竟穿了洋装。
Goodness gracious! That’s why I’m a mess.
天啊!主呀!因此我才乱七八糟的。
Yes, Officer Krupke, He shouldn’t be here.
是的!克拉基警官,他不应该在此。
This boy don’t need a crouch. He needs a useful career.
这孩子不是需要个沙发,他需要的是有用的事业。
Society’s played him a terrible trick.
整个社会都在耍他。
And sociologically he’s sick----I’m sick!
从社会学的观点来看,他是病了。---我病了!
We’re sick,we’re sick.We’re sick,sick,sick.
Like,we’re sociologically sick.
—In my opinion, this child does not need to have his head shrunk at all.
根据我的意见,这孩子需要来进行综合的诊治。
—Juvenile delingquency is purely a social disease.
问题青年纯粹是一种社会疾病。
—Hey! I got a social disease!嘿!我得了个社会病!
—So take him to a social worker.所以快送他去社会工作者那。
—Which way?
—That way.
Dear kindly social worker. They tell me “Get a job.”
亲爱的社会工作者,他们教我去找份工作。
Like be a soda jerker, which means, like, be a sob.
例如卖苏打水,就想要我做个脏鬼。
It’s not I’m antisocial. I’m only anti-work.
并不是我不合群,我只是反对工作。
Gloryosky! That’s why I’m a jerk.
这就是为什么我会当小混混的原因。
Officer Krupke. You’ve done it again. 克拉基警官,你看你又做了些什么!
This boy don’t need a job. He needs a yell in the pain.这孩子不需要工作,只要打得他喊痛。
It ain’t just a question of misunderstood.这根本不是误解孩子的问题
Deep down inside him, he’s no good!---I’m no good!这孩子根本是个坏种!
We’re no good, we’re no good. We’re no earthly good.
Like the best of us is no damn good.
—The trouble is he’s lazy.
—The trouble is he drinks.
—The trouble is he’s crazy.
—The trouble is he stinks.
—The trouble is he’s growing.
—The trouble is he’s grown.
—Krupke, we’re got troubles of own.
Officer Krupke, we’re down on our knees.
'Cause no one wants a fella with a social disease.
Gee, Officer Krupke what are we to do?
Gee, Officer Krupke, krup you!