孩子、事业、帐单、疾病…这就是婚姻的全部意义吗?
What metric is the single best predictor of a long, happy marriage?
From:Doug Armey

When my wife and I married, as most couples, we felt madly in love. We simply couldn’t get enough of each other.
我和妻子结婚时,像大多数夫妻一样,我们疯狂地相爱。我们就是不能满足于彼此。
A friend once responded, “If they do that in public I can’t imagine what they do in private.”
一位朋友曾回应说:“如果他们在公共场合这么做,我无法想象他们私下里会怎么做。”
And no he couldn’t.
不,他不能。
Yet, it changed.
然而,它改变了。
Occasionally, life together 24/7 felt a little more like prison than paradise.
偶尔,一天24小时在一起的生活感觉更像监狱而不是天堂。
Sharing all the responsibilities and stresses of life ramped up pressures. Most nights my friend wouldn’t need to imagine what was going on because it was only semi-comatose sleep from exhaustion.
分担生活中的责任和压力会增加压力。大多数夜晚,我的朋友都不需要去想象发生了什么,因为那只是由于疲惫而半昏迷的睡眠。
Kids, careers, bills, sickness, aging parents and life made us wonder sometimes, “Is this all there is to marriage? It’s certainly not like the movies.”
孩子、事业、帐单、疾病、年迈的父母和生活有时让我们想:“这就是婚姻的全部意义吗?这当然和电影里的不一样。”
Yet, we believed that marriage was meant to be both long and happy. So when it wasn’t we proactively worked on making it that way.
然而,我们相信婚姻应该是长久而幸福的。所以当情况不是这样的时候,我们就会积极努力。
Regularly enjoying a romantic dinner, just the two of us.
定期享受一顿浪漫的晚餐,就我们俩。
Escaping for a romantic weekend to catch up, relax and renew.
找一个浪漫的周末小聚,放松和恢复精神。
Enjoying new adventures together.
一起享受新的冒险。
Giving each other the freedom to enjoy interests with other friends.
给对方自由,享受与其他朋友的兴趣。
Talking every day.
每天交谈。
Saying, “I love you” every day, especially when we didn’t feel it.
每天都说“我爱你”,尤其是在我们没有感觉的时候。
And regularly doing those things my friend couldn’t imagine.
经常做那些我朋友无法想象的事情。
Through it all it kept us together when it might have been easy to stray.
当我们很容易出轨的时候,这一切让我们一直在一起。
It kept our marriage interesting when it could have become dull.
它使我们的婚姻在可能变得枯燥乏味的时候仍然保持着趣味性。
It helped us grow together when it would have been easy to grow apart.
它帮助我们在本来很容易疏远的时候一起成长。
It gave us fun together so we didn’t need to go looking for fun with someone else.
它给了我们一起寻找的乐趣,所以我们不需要去在别人身上找乐趣。
And along with marriage longevity we discovered happiness.
除了延长婚姻寿命,我们还发现了幸福。
And that my friend’s words were prophetic. No he couldn’t imagine.
我朋友的话是有预见性的。不,他无法想象。
You’ll build a long and happy marriage when you constantly act in love, especially when you don’t feel in love.
如果你不断地表现出爱的一面,尤其是当你没有感受到爱的时候,你的婚姻将会长久而幸福。
小编zzz总结
千万不要让爱情被柴米油盐消耗殆尽。
Don't let love be consumed by daily necessities.