英剧-万物生灵 地道口语表达总结 All Creatures Great & Small
第一季:
Siegfried's bark really is worse than his bite. Siegfried 就是刀子嘴豆腐心。
One must offer the carrot as well as the stick. 打完巴掌也得给颗枣。
Onwards and upwards. 蒸蒸日上。
Tristan seems to have turned over a new leaf. Tristan 似乎已经改头换面了。
It's early days yet. But I must admit it feels like a weight has been lifted.
还言之尚早。但是我必须承认这让人如释重负。
I'm hoping to be back for afternoon rounds but I need you to hold the fort till then.
下午看诊前我会回来,但是在那之前我需要靠你顶着。
Spare the rod. Spoil the child. 孩子不打不成器。
Want me to take her for the day? 要不我帮你照看她一天?
It wouldn't put you out? 不会给你添麻烦嘛?
Not a bit of it. 完全不会
Drink leads to loose tongues. 就能让人吐真言。
“You're a dark horse, aren't you? ”你真是深藏不露。
“Birds of a feather. ”彼此彼此/物以类聚。
The first one is always the hardest. 万事开头难。
Don't dwell on what's done when there are things that need to do.别老想着过去的事情当现在有事情需要你做。
It's time to get back in the saddle. 该重整旗鼓了。
Sorry, poor choice of words. 抱歉,我用词不当。
Trying to save my skin. 免得挨揍/免得受罚。
Fortune favors the brave. 幸运眷顾勇者。
Things don't always work out the way we expect. But moving forward in hope, that's the key, isn't it? 事情不总是如我们所愿,但是怀着希望向前,这才是关键不是吗?
The thrill of the chase is less exciting than the catch. 只享受追逐的过程,追到手就没兴趣了。
I'm off to the pong measuring, see if I can tip James over the edge. 把James逼疯。
Just because there's a firing squad lined up, doesn't mean you have to go and stand in front of it. 就算是大难当头, 你也没义务要冲锋陷阵。
You're giving me the push. 你要拒绝我了。(to end a relationship with sb.)
I's say he's cooked his goose, wouldn't you? 我看他是没戏了,你说呢。
第二季:
So he's letting you off the leash a bit more. 所以他对你管教没那么严了。
But you've got to let nature run its course. 但只能顺其自然。
The best preparation for tomorrow is getting it done today. 对于明天最好的准备就是今天把它做了。
Well, your heart is in the right place, but I really would've prefered it if you'd asked me first. 你心意是好的但我真希望你能实现问一下我。
I'm sorry to put my foot down like this but you can't give it to him. 我抱歉这么决绝但是你不能把它给他。
I don't believe a word of it. 我才不信呢~
We could be putting Tristan to better use. 我们可以让Tristan发挥更发作用。
To conquer the ziggurat of life, one must climb the first step. 千里之行,始于足下。
Crawl before you can walk. 走路前的先学会爬。
Yes, I suppose there's only so much harm he can do. 是的,我想他也捅不了多大的篓子。
Let's not be too hasty. 我们先别着急下定论。
My heart was up here where my throat should be. 我的心都提到嗓子眼了。
It must've been on its last legs and the shock just finished him off. 它一定快死了,然后惊吓结束了它的生命。
I didn't have the heart to tell Mrs Tompkin. This bird's all she has. 我不忍心告诉Mrs Tompkin,这只鸟是她的一切。
Well, I don't see any way out of it. 我觉得别无他法了。
Far be it from me to reveal that the underhand goings-on in this establishment. 我绝不会透露这屋发生的鬼祟勾当。
It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. 我们要战胜的不是高山而是我们自己。
No girl likes a cheapskate. 没有哪个姑娘喜欢小气鬼。
Time waits for no man. 时间不等人。
The memory is a muscle that must be exercised. 记忆是必须要锻炼的肌肉。
You know, you could do far worse than Diana Brompton. Diana配你绰绰有余。
There's nothing like a bit of healthy competition to keep you on your toes. 良性竞争最能让你保持警觉。
It's best to let the sleeping dog lie. 最好别自找麻烦。
I better get a brew on before he wears a hole in the floor. 在他把地板踏出个洞之前我最好去沏茶。
Frowning at it won't change it. 你在发愁也改变不了事实。
Once they get their teeth in, they are hard to shake off. 他们话匣子一打开就没完了。
There's always more to be done. 总有事情是没做完的。
Trust me, women like to be wined and dined. 女人喜欢美酒佳肴。
We're simple folks, really, Mr Farnon. We all just want the occasional pat on the head.
我们都是普通人,每个人都想偶尔被鼓励一下。
The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again. 分别的痛苦远比不上重逢的喜悦。
Please try not to get completely legless. 别喝的不省人事。
I can assure you. I'm planning a very civilised evening. 我今晚不会失态。
It's a whole different kettle of fish. 完全两码事。
She's out of my league. 我配不上她。
You're a man of means now. She might see you in a whole new light.
你现在是有身份的人了。他也许会对你刮目相看。
Nothing venture, nothing have. 不入虎穴,焉得虎子。
Better safe than sorry. 还是万无一失的好。
In for a penny. 一不做二不休。
I'll let you get on. 你继续忙吧。
Because he wants to move forward with a clean slate. 从头来过。
That's water under the bridge. 都过去了。
© 本文版权归 LilianMonaghan 所有,任何形式转载请联系作者。
© 了解版权计划