Sonnet 13 William Shakespeare 新译原创
O, that you were yourself, but, love, you are
哦,但愿你是你自己,但是,亲爱的,你生在
No longer yours than you yourself here live;
人世,就决定了你不再只属于你自己;
Against this coming end you should prepare,
你要早做准备以抵御即将来临的离去,
And your sweet semblance to some other give.
把你的美貌做个传递。
So should that beauty which you hold in lease
趁这美貌还在租期
Find no determination, then you were
别再固执,这样做
Yourself again after your self's decease,
衰老时,你就会又只属于你自己,
When your sweet issue your sweet form should bear.
当你把美貌传递,你美貌的后人接受了授予。
Who lets so fair a house fall to decay,
谁能让这美宅损毁坍塌,
Which husbandry in honour might uphold
只有管理的尽心尽力才能抵御
Against the stormy gusts of winter's day
冬天阵阵风暴的侵袭
And barren rage of death's eternal cold?
还有因感死亡永恒的冰冷,但无后所产生的狂怒之气?
O, none but unthrifts! Dear my love, you know,
哦,绝对不能不经心经意!我亲爱的,你明白,
You had a father; let your son say so.
你是你父亲的传承,也让你的儿子有此荣幸。